What is the reason that you feel like quitting smoking other than the fact that one day you won’t be alive to smoke one? Is it because you are addicted and want to desperately kick the habit? Or is it because you’ve spent so much on them that you really can’t afford more? We always make resolutions in life and this is one of the biggest which we try to fulfill every year but unfortunately, we fail. Here are a few tips which can give you a chance to quit.
- Once you stop smoking for a day or two, you will observe that you will go through a lot of withdrawal symptoms. These make you edgy, fidgety and could give you headaches. It is always better to exercise during this phase to take off these edgy symptoms. Walking is one the best ways to enhance your mood and to keep your mind off cigarettes.
- Relaxation exercises should be practiced in order to relax the body from withdrawal symptoms.
- It is always better to keep a track of all the days that you haven’t smoked. You can do this by placing a calendar and ticking on it mentioning Smoke Free.
- The easiest way to stop is by using tobacco patches, gum or drops. Hypnotherapy can also be used for the same purpose. It will be useful in helping you to quit.
- Once you feel that you have actually stopped smoking, the best thing is to congratulate yourself, by giving a pat on your back and buying something that is really worth, for yourself. Save up all the money that you used to put in to buy cigarettes and look at the amount that you save up. This figure will shock you and make you realize how much you can save up by quitting a habit, which is not only emptying your pocket but also is killing you slowly.
It is always better to consult a doctor before you start off with this routine. A doctor will always tell you more advanced ways to go about this situation and one day you will be de-addicted for good.